SO I don't remember if I told you all this, but I've been working the night shift at amway's spaulding warehouse where I load boxes into semitruck trailers (it's pretty much a big game of tetris). Since then, the parents have been off in Alaska. The day they left we had three big storms: one happened right when I woke up and it was so dark that I thought I was late for work and another happened while I was packing a trailer with a translucent roof, so I could see all the lightning and hear the thunder and rain. But since those storms, it's been blue skies and not too hot. So over my fourth of july four day weekend I rode my bike a bunch and splurged a bit as you can read in the story below
So here's the story:
Alright, so since the parents are off in Alaska and I'm on independence day vacation, I figured I needed something to do to spend the time. So I just figured I'd get a video game to play over the weekend. but when I was looking at games for the wii (a video game system that I have), I didn't see anything very exciting. Well, I looked at the Playstation 3 and saw there were a lot more games that looked really good. so I splurged a little and bought a playstation 3 and a game (burnout paradise) from Best Buy. Sounds great right? This was only the beginning of the story though...
I brought it all home and set it up, it's pretty much the coolest thing since sliced bread... it hooked up to our wireless internet and downloaded updates. Then I realized it was 7 and I was hungry (remember that time). So I made some pizza and I figured I'd cook and eat it while watching movies on the playstation so I put in the playstation intro disc (it wasn't all that exciting just some previews I think) and it froze! Well, no big deal, I just turned it off then turned it back on... I noticed it didn't see the disc but I didn't worry about it and I just watched movies off my computer on it (again, the best thing since sliced bread). After I ate, I tried to figure out what was wrong with it, it couldn't play ANY disc I put in it. So I did everything I could to try to fix it (software restore, soft restart, hard drive reformat). Turns out the problem is the disc drive... it's not spinning! When discs go in, they come back out in the same position. So, I'd better go back to best buy... nope. it's 9, best buy CLOSES at 9. So I guess I'm stuck with it until the morning. So again, this thing is pretty much awesome even without the ability to play discs, so for the night (remember I'm on third shift schedule) I played downloaded demos and played movies off of my computer. In the morning I finally went to best buy where I got a replacement and I've been watching movies, listening to music, and playing games ever since. Luckily It's all been going pretty well with the replacement and it's been running non-stop since friday. On another note I found out the original hard drive that went into my laptop (which I replaced a while back) is dead. I finally got a torx screwdriver that worked and put it into my computer which gave me a blinking question mark folder icon (which means it can't find that disk a.k.a. it's dead)
Not much else exciting here, tonight I go back to work and hopefully the dog can figure that out unlike last time! Thursday she was so excited I gave her food, she didn't go to the bathroom outside and instead did it in the house (yay!).
4 comments:
You've been working hard this summer! Sounds like a fun weekend for you Matt! (Altho fireworks and a parade are cheaper!) Hope doggy-dog figures out the routine. Love ya!
p.s. that last post was from mom!
Ohh, those parents! Having fun without you while you are slaving away at Amway. Oh well, you are making the best of it. I wish I were there to see you running around the house setting up all your new equipment, but I'm kinda glad I'm not there watching you clean up after that sweet little Marais.
good thing you pick up the slack at mom and dad's work so they can go play! Parents these days...
Maybe since you have a playstation 3 AND a wii you should keep one at the house... :)
Post a Comment