Thursday, September 6, 2007

almost done with the first week of classes


Well, I'm in the Library right now where I should be studying. I just had Spanish, which seems to be turning out a lot better than I thought it would. Surprisingly enough, "Spanish culture and literature" doesn't sound too exciting especially with the size of the book I have for it (see above). So I need to read a few things for engineering, some spanish poetry by Roberto Fernández Retamar, and a pdf for world religions. My next class is intro to computer science at 3. I just had my first lab for that class, they had us run a few commands on the linux computers and then copy down a program he wrote for us and run it. Easy. I guess I should probably go over all of my classes and my first impressions of them since some of you may not have gotten on my email list for my class schedule.

Calculus II monday, wednesday, friday, at 8am. it doesn't seem to be too bad, it's just too early. there's a lso a lab but that doesn't start until next week
Perspectives on Inquiry: World Religions monday, wednesday, friday at 9am. This one could be bad, I have two books for this class and I've already written a paper for it. The teacher doesn't seem too bad though, I guess I might just like his name: Bucky Beach.
Engineering 1101 monday, wednesday, friday at 11am. I'm not sure about this, it seems easy but I feel like it could turn ugly
Spanish tuesday, thursday at 9:30am. I was pretty intimidated on the first day and when I got my book but now I feel like I'm getting it.
intro to computer science tuesday, thursday at 3pm. Being the nerd I am, I'm actually pretty excited about this class. It's pretty easy, they assume that you have had no past programming experience so everything is very simple. the lab is no different.
Physics 1100 tuesday, thursday at 12pm. This class doesn't start until next week.

Blogged with Flock

4 comments:

JimR said...

Great blog Matt! I really don't have anythng else to say other than...Bucky Beach

Shawn said...

That is a very cool name - I wish my name was that cool!

Sally said...

Gosh! Those classes! They sound frightening to me. Now can you say, "Sit back and enjoy the weekend" in Spanish?

Aimee said...

fun fun fun

Don't worry about ENG1101! No sweat!

HAVE FUN!